In It To Win It

Everything's a contest here

Game Over

It’s definitely been a while. But in the meantime I’ve completed my arcade game (which alone is something momentous given the fact that I had no clue how to operate this type of technology in the beginning of the year).

Despite my arcade game and controller not being the best prototypes ever created, I’m elated at the result. The general description of what I’ve created (for those of you who don’t want to read the entire post) can be reduced to three words: A Shoe Box.

However, for those who desire details, within the shoe box is an abundance of wires, connected through the buttons that allow the game to be played. The wires are ultimately connected to a PI, which contains the code that allows me to play my game. And surprisingly, connecting my wires to the PI wasn’t as tedious as it initially appeared. Just the fact that it didn’t take me a decade to wire should speak for itself.

However, playing my game was the most enjoyable part of this experience. Seeing my creation played on a console that I built myself was wonderful. The different buttons added an entirely different dimension to the game. It was wonderful, and I’m so lucky.

Next Post